Nominations are now invited for the 2020 Student Citizenship Awards from the SA Branch of the Order of Australia Association. Each school or college is entitled to nominate up to two students from Years 11 and/or 12 who satisfy the criteria listed below for these prestigious awards.
The awards – known as Student Citizenship Awards – are intended to recognise those young people who contribute broadly through voluntary service to school and/or general communities. They exemplify the Association’s objective “to foster love of and pride in Australian citizenship”.
Assessment is based on the following criteria – examples should be cited that demonstrate:
- Significant benefits for the school/college and/or general community;
- Leadership and influence upon peers.
- Skills in organisation, management and communication.
- Initiative and concern for the advancement and/or well-being of others by assisting group(s) in need such as disadvantaged, elderly, homeless youth OR by making a significant contribution to the environment and/or community development.
- Pride in Australian citizenship.
These criteria have no hierarchy or priority and are all of equal value. Nominees need not satisfy all criteria.
All nominations are considered by an adjudication panel and those students judged worthy of the highest recognition will receive a Plaque and a Highly Commended certificate signed by His Excellency the Governor of South Australia and Patron of this Branch of the Association.
Closing date for nominations Friday May 15, 2020
Further information and the nomination form can be found at https://www.theorderofaustralia.asn.au/sa/school-awards/