Lutheran schools, kindergartens and child care centres in South Australia, Northern Territory and Western Australia are members of the Lutheran Schools Association of SA, NT and WA Incorporated [LSA].
|South Australia||33 schools||5 kindergartens||2 child care centres|
|Northern Territory||3 schools||1 child care centres|
|Western Australia||2 schools|
These 46 education facilities are educating over 15,000 students and employing over 2000 staff.
The oldest continuing Lutheran school was established in 1839 and had its beginning in the nineteenth century. 14 have commenced in the last 20 years.
All schools are systemic. System schools receive Commonwealth recurrent funding through the Lutheran Schools Association and accept the association as the authority in dealing with the Commonwealth Government.
LSA member schools elect a council to provide support for and general oversight for learning communities. The council reports to the Lutheran Schools Association, the Lutheran Church of Australia, South Australia/Northern Territory District and the Lutheran Church of Australia, Western Australia District. A copy of the constitution of the Lutheran Schools Association is available here
The Chief Executive Officer of the Lutheran Schools Association is the Executive Director of Lutheran Schools, SA/NT/WA. The Executive Director is responsible for providing regular oversight and support for learning communities on behalf of the Association and the LCA Districts.