Tuesday 18th of February the Learning Lab for middle and senior leaders commenced. Leaders have come from a wide range of LESNW learning communities including large secondary schools, ELC and primary schools, a regional F-12 school, and LESNW education leaders, many attending in teams.
The focus of the first session was to:
• develop the social field within the group,
• promote and engage in deep listening leading to generative conversations,
• build understanding of awareness-based systems leadership,
• connect with the vocational practices of Growing deep,
• explore ‘the work’ of leadership,
• engage and make connections with research and articles,
• participate in awareness building practices such as journaling, dialogue walks and circle time.
The afternoon provided the opportunity for the participants to explore an area of their work identifying their current reality and preferred future using systems thinking.
The group will be meeting twice a term to continue to build their personal mastery, team learning and systems thinking around the core elements of Growing deep. We look forward to sharing with you, the ongoing individual and collective learning in this lab.
Mignon Weckert and Andrew Bradtke