Professional Growth and Development for Leaders
• focus on goal setting, reflection and collaboration
• access to coaching
• Growing Deep – vocational practices and capabilities
• AITSL Leadership Profiles – Professional Practice lens
• Engage with Otto Scharmer’s Theory U: Leading with an Open Mind, Open Heart, Open Will
Target audience: Principals, Directors, Heads of sub-schools and Deputy Principals, Senior Leaders
Rationale: The most effective leaders prioritise their professional growth and development. Seeking out others from whom they can learn supports leadership effectiveness, acknowledging the dynamic nature of school leadership. Using the AITSL Leadership Profiles and Growing Deep can assist leaders to reflect on their skills and abilities and plan for growth.
3 half day sessions: Term 1, 2, and 3.
Coaching/mentoring visits provided during Terms 2 and 3
The half day sessions will include:
• Review of the AITSL Professional Standard for Principals, Leadership Profiles and Growing Deep vocational practices, and the role they can have in guiding and supporting leadership development
• Opportunities to develop collaborative, supportive professional networks to build leadership capability
• Identification of goals, strategies and measures for professional growth
• Reflecting on the effectiveness of strategies, providing and receiving feedback to improve practice, modifying goals in response to feedback and reflection.
• Engage with Theory U, Leading with an Open Mind, Open Heart, Open Will
This professional learning opportunity is aimed to support leaders with a focus on their own professional growth and development in relation to their role as described in AITSL and Growing Deep.
The first session will start on March 1. Register at LESNW Events