At our recent AGM our new board was ratified. While this in some ways seems like the end of a long process, I believe it is only just the beginning. As our new board forms and begins its work, there’s much to do as we strategise for the coming period.
Many thanks for to those who were able attend. Four those who couldn’t I’d like to introduce the new members.
- Paul Bert – who is associated with Faith Tanunda and has skills in business and finance.
- Heather Briggs – who has previously been involved in Geelong Lutheran College and LEVNT and has skills in science, education and HR.
We have capacity to add two extra Independent board members and our Governance Committee will be working on this.
Internal Board Memebers:
- Matt Schmidt – current chair of Good Shepherd, Para Vista board with skills in education, HR, governance and strategy
- Gen Freund – current chair of the Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School board with skills in finance, HR, governance and strategy.
- Heather Vogt – current principal at Endeavour College and has served on many LSA/LESNW boards and committees
- Daryl Trigg – current principal at Immanuel, Gawler, also having served on various LSA/LESNW boards and committees
Pastor Representative: (appointed by LCA SA-NT District Church Council)
- Fin Klein – currently serves the Cornerstone College Board and St Michael’s Hahndorf congregation. Previously has been a school pastor a Unity College and has a passion for Lutheran education.
Together with our Executive Director, John Proeve and minute secretary Heather Waring, these members make up our new board. I ask that you please pray for us individually and collectively as a board as we begin working together.
LESNW Board Chair