Christian Studies Grow is a professional development opportunity for any Christian Studies (CS) teacher. Our first Grow session was held on Tuesday and participants engaged with an investigation on prayer. This day was developed in response to requests from CS teachers for professional learning and development in CS by engaging with the Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF).
During the day, participants had the opportunity to engage with key ideas of the CSCF related to Prayer. There was opportunity to investigate:
- What is prayer for Christians?
- How and why do Christians pray?
- What do we learn about prayer from the Bible?
- When is prayer part of Christian Studies or Christian education?
- What evidence of learning is appropriate for assessing student knowledge and understanding related to prayer?