This year we will be using a multi-faceted approach to support learning communities develop learning environments in Christian Studies (CS), where learners are actively engaged, take risks, are motived and have a strong learner voice. In order for this to occur, we are providing a variety of opportunities for learning communities to engage in this initiative.
As staff and students return, there are some key dates and information we wish to share. Please note that ALL workshop registrations are via the Events section of our web page: www.lesnw.edu.au.
- Christian Studies Leader Induction – for recently appointed Christian Studies (CS) Leaders. The purposes of this day are to orientate CS Leaders to their role, understand Lutheran Education Australia (LEA) Accreditation and CS requirements (as per the Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF)), develop team and build collegial partnerships.
DATE: Monday 4 March at LESNW
- Christian Studies Leaders Network Group – for all CS Leaders. The purpose of this group and time together is to continue implementing the philosophies and practices of the CSCF. The network will provide continued support on shared initiatives in cluster groups, with the intention of improving CS in each learning community.
DATE: Tuesday 5 March at LESNW
- Connection with CS Leaders and Teaching and Learning/Curriculum Leaders – respective leaders in each learning community will receive an email in the coming days. Please contact Phyllis Vosgerau (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find a suitable time for us to connect.
- Christian Studies Professional Learning Opportunities
As we work from a current reality to a preferred future model, new professional learning opportunities will be available:
a) During 2019 there will be several opportunities for any teachers of CS to engage in workshops to allow further investigation and learning on selected Key Ideas of the CSCF. Examples include a focus on prayer (CC3) and service (CL2). Please monitor Update information and the LESNW Events page for specific dates, and the focus areas based on CSCF key ideas.
b) A project around General Capabilities and CS will be explored in order to work towards a preferred future.
5. Early Years and Christian Studies – during 2019 we will continue to investigate and develop an approach to align the EYLF and the CSCF.
6. Christian Studies teacher induction – these 2 x 1-hour Lifesize sessions have been developed for teachers new to Christian Studies (CS), or for those who have not yet commenced their Equip workshops. They are designed to start orientating new teachers to the Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF). Sessions are from 3.30 – 4.30 pm. We ask that the Christian Studies Leader be present with their new CS teachers during the sessions to be part of the conversation, learning and to provide assistance.
Please select Group A or B:
Group A: Thursday 7 February and Thursday 21 February via web conferencing (Lifesize)
Andrew Bradtke and Sue Kupke