Christian Studies Leaders Day – Combined
Friday 2 November
Purpose: Leaders to collaborate on shared goals and initiatives.
Leaders of Christian Studies have now participated in three days of collaborative and generative sessions, reflecting and planning for the continued implementation of Christian Studies.
Reflecting on the year to date.
Day One – February
- Considered school initiatives and the potential to link these to Christian Studies
- Unpacked the BLEA requirements and expectations regarding Christian Studies in a Lutheran School (Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF – Appendix 1 and 2))
- Developed ideas on goals and plans to share with principals, staff and students.
Day Two – May
- Explored the pedagogical principles of CSCF (p 7-13)
- Considered how students learn best
- Refined goals from day one
Day Three – August
- Considered and explored the expectations and challenges of assessment and reporting in Christian Studies
- Investigated the what, why and how of assessment within Christian Studies
- Reviewed and further refined goals
An exciting future: Term 4 and beyond
- Christian Studies Leaders will work collaboratively to co-create a preferred future for Christian Studies in each learning community, by developing networks and clusters around shared goals. We look forward to the opportunity to work together with other Christian Studies Leaders to develop these like goals and initiatives.