Tuesday 16th of February first time principals/directors and those new to LESNW came together to engage with Day 1, of a three-day induction process.
The purpose of the induction is to:
- Support first time principals and directors and those new to LESNW in their understanding of and engagement with core elements of their roles and responsibilities.
- Explore the pivotal role of ‘Growing deep’ for LESNW learning communities.
- Develop a community of learners within and beyond the group.
- Connect with current principals and regional office staff.
- Engage in systems thinking and systems sensing
The series of workshops are being co-developed and co-lead by current principals and early years leaders in LESNW learning communities with LESNW regional office staff.
In the first session the group explored:
- Systems thinking, systems sensing and awareness-based practices
- Growing deep: Our foundation – The way of seeing and being in our learning communities
- Growing deep: Vocational Practices: Connection to leadership roles and strategic intentions/goals
- Organizations and support structures: Who are they and what is their purpose?
- Relationships with stakeholders: What are my priorities?
- Harnessing collective wisdom including “Burning Questions” which will help to inform the next two sessions.
Throughout the day, participants were also exploring system leadership and Growing deep capabilities with a focus on seeing the larger system, reflection and generative conversation.
The final reflection of the day provided the opportunity for participants to share their most significant learning and actions to be taken as a result. The group meets again in March with a focus on the exploration of roles and relationships including:
- Spiritual leadership
- Relationship – principal and the board (chair)
- Community expectations