Last Thursday and Friday a (large) number of Principals and Directors were able to meet at Hahndorf for a couple of days of Spiritual Retreat. We say a big thank you to everyone who played a part in contributing to that and I hope those who were able to join in came away with some new perspectives and understandings. I certainly did.
The first session last Thursday contained a ‘think tank’ on how Principals and Directors could (and should) interface with the various facets that make up LESNW, ie: the LESNW Council and Secretariat. It was a positive discussion and during that time I shared that the LESNW Council will be gathering input from Learning Site Leaders to help inform and shape the development of the next iteration of a Strategic Plan for our association.
In the coming days you will receive an invitation to participate in a survey and I really encourage you to give considered and thoughtful input into this. The questions below will form the content of the survey but they are premised on an understanding of the current constitution, which you are encouraged to become familiar with. Even though we are in a process of redefining the constitution (in terms of the makeup of the council) it’s hard to envisage that the ‘objects’ will change all that much. So, in the coming days I encourage you to read these ‘objects’ and give thought to your input. I know it’s ‘another thing to do’ but as we seek to build strength independently and interdependently it is vital that we gather as many perspectives as possible.
- What do you believe to be the three most important functions of the LESNW Secretariat?
- What do you believe to be the three most important functions of the LESNW Council?
- What do you believe to be the three most important functions of the LESNW Finance Committee?
- What do you believe to be the top three current strengths of the LESNW?
- What do you believe to be the top three current weaknesses of the LESNW?
- What t do you believe to be the top three current opportunities of the LESNW?
- What do you see are the top three current threats to the LESNW?