Some learning communities will have shared information with their councils around the development of the new LESNW Constitution and some will not have shared much. A couple of points to remember when liaising with your council, whether it’s via email or at a meeting you might be having before the 7th December:
- The constitution review has been worked on for all of 2018 and has involved a number of consultations along the way – at the AGM, with Cluster groups as they helped shape the objects and on the 12th November.
- A project team from the LESNW Council was assigned the task to develop the revised constitution and this team reported back to every LESNW Council meeting held this year with an update and for development and consultation. (Keeping in mind that the current LESNW Council is in fact a representative one and so in effect is representing all members.)
- The revised constitution has been guided by a consultant (Garry Le Duff) who met individually with a significant number of Learning Communities to seek their input and it has also been developed by a law firm (Piper Alderman) to ensure that the final draft presented:
- Meets all legal and fiduciary requirements
- Marries in with the resolutions from the recent Synod
- Complies with the expectations of the LCA
I’m sure you’ll agree that this has been a thorough process and it has needed to be, due to the importance of the document we have been dealing with. We do however, need to move on this so that the Governance Committee can begin to do the important work in ensuring we have a LESNW Council in operation as soon as possible in the new year.
We strongly encourage your attendance at the meeting on Friday 7 December, 4pm, where approval of the replacement constitution will be sought. We must have a quorum of one half of the Association Members (learning communities).
LESNW Strategic Planning
Over the last months I have met with each of the existing clusters, but that clearly does not capture all learning communities. As we gather data and input from members to help shape the development of a new strategic plan, you are welcome to offer feedback, directly to me, using the following headings. Please be assured that no feedback that been supplied will be attributed to the provider – it will be about gathering trends and commonalities in the feedback and input. Any thoughts you have around these headings can be emailed to email@example.com
LESNW Strategic Plan Survey –
- What do you believe to be the three most important functions of the LESNW Secretariat?
- What do you believe to be the three most important functions of the LESNW Council?
- What do you believe to be the three most important functions of the LESNW Finance Committee?
- What do you believe to be the top three current strengths of the LESNW?
- What do you believe to be the top three current weaknesses of the LESNW?
- What t do you believe to be the top three current opportunities of the LESNW?
- What do you see are the top three current threats to the LESNW?