Sincere thanks to all for sharing strategies and approaches which will ensure ongoing learning remotely in response to COVID-19. It has been inspiring to see and to hear the ways you are considering well-being as an important focus; this may become an even more important in the coming days.
As you move from the identification and implementation of contextually technical (online or hard copy) solutions, you will be able to focus on a ‘longer term’ strategy for Term 2 and beyond. With this in mind, you are encouraged to consider the Vocational Practices from Growing deep as part of your planning:
EXCELLENCE IN LEARNING
- How is the learning challenging, relevant, engaging, personalized and promoting strong learner voice?
- How can learning opportunities be created which include the: spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, cultural and social dimensions?
- How can reflective practice, collaborative planning, monitoring, feedback and reporting on learning be facilitated?
ONGOING IMPROVEMENT AND INNOVATION
- What opportunities are provided for developing a culture of reflection, collaboration, innovation and creativity?
- What evidence is needed to ensure continuous development of teaching and learning?
- How will ongoing professional learning of all community members be supported?
- How do the strategies planned for, reflect the values, vision and mission of Lutheran education?
STRENGTHENING LUTHERAN IDENTITY
- How is regular engagement in Christian worship happening (including devotions and rituals) which convey the school’s Christian identity?
- How is Christian Studies continuing as an essential part of the curriculum?
- What opportunities are provided for the learning community to share and live the good news of Jesus Christ within and beyond the community?
- What action can be taken to develop and maintain positive and strategic relationships with all stakeholders, building support, collaboration and trust?
- How can the diverse resources of the wider community and other education sectors be utilised?
- In what ways can the multi-faith/multicultural nature of society as well as understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people be considered?
- What opportunities can be provided for the learning community to live be active in service of others?
LEADING EFFECTIVE ORGANISATION AND MANAGEMENT
- How are the roles, responsibilities and procedures clearly articulated to ensure all members of the learning community participate in the efficient operation?
- What processes are being developed to ensure responsible use of human, physical, financial and technological resources to maximise learning and to ensure safety and wellbeing?
- What systems and structures have been developed to enable collaborative decision-making?
- What data are staff using to inform their teaching and support student learning?
As you develop your strategic thinking and actions around remote learning, we would love to share this on the Padlet https://padlet.com/edteam/COVID; https://padlet.com/edteam/COVID2 which will continue to evolve.
We know that there is a myriad of online resources available but now believe that it would be more helpful for schools to share their longer-term strategies which will provide opportunities for collaboration between learning communities and the harnessing of collective wisdom.
Do not hesitate to contact any member of the Education team to assist you with the connection and collaboration process. Sharing your resources and thinking via firstname.lastname@example.org will ensure that the Padlet remains relevant, dynamic and a space where innovation and creativity can be shared, built upon and celebrated.
Educational Leadership Director