An important feature of a flourishing learning organization is the commitment to collaboration, compassion and co-creating new ways of being and learning, especially in times of challenge.
Last week we provided the opportunity for learning leaders to discuss their current reality and ways they were managing the changing nature of the emerging future. Originally these forums were to focus on online learning, but this quickly changed to transitions, hybrid models, and most importantly identifying ways of supporting well-being of parents, students and staff and unexpected positive outcomes of the past weeks.
The three forums were specific to secondary, primary, and ELC/Kindergarten/Child Care learners. Participants shared their contexts, how they were intending to manage the first weeks of Term 2, systems and structures to support their various models, and well-being strategies.
Across all three forums was a stance of curiosity, courage, and compassion. Statements such as:
- “this is what we are noticing”
- “this is what we are trying”
- “this is what our parents and students are saying”
- “this is how we have changed our stance in response to feedback”
- “this is how we are supporting our teachers”, were common across all forums.
One of the most inspiring aspects of the forums was to hear the examples of positive outcomes which are emerging:
- “staff are collaborating and working together in ways we could have never imagined”
- “staff are changing entrenched perceptions of each other”
- “creativity and risk taking to try new ways is evident”
- “families are appreciating the new ways we are connecting”
- “staff are demonstrating new levels of compassion and care for each other”
- “we are making changes to timetabling as a result of feedback which we would have never been able to do so quickly which is making a real difference to learning”
- “we are allowing students to find ways of connecting with each other in meaningful ways”
Each of the groups felt it was important to continue to provide opportunities to meet. With this in mind refer to the following dates and times:
Wednesday 6 May 10:30am – 11:15am Secondary teaching and learning leaders Register
Wednesday 6 May 4:00pm – 4:45pm Primary teaching and learning leaders Register
Thursday 7 May 1:00pm – 1:45pm Kindy, ELC and Early Years Leaders Register
After registering you will be sent a Lifesize link for the session. Please check that you are able to access Lifesize at least a day prior to the forum.
Please email email@example.com at least one area you would like to discuss.
LESNW Education Team