As a result of the adjustments and changes to LEA Accreditation requirements, we have had some queries to clarify the process for teacher accreditation. To attain Accreditation as a teacher of Christian Studies (Ac), teachers complete the Induction and 4 sessions of Connect, submit the ePortfolio for Connect to Lutheran Education Australia, complete Equip 1, Equip 2 and then their final Equip ePortfolio. One key change is that Connect (including the ePortfolio submission) is now a pre-requisite for Equip 1. Please be aware that it is the responsibility of the school to record completion of the Connect Induction and sessions 1, 2 and 3 onto LEXiCON; LESNW records completion of Connect 4 and all Equip.
The following list may assist. Teachers working towards Accreditation as a teacher of Christian Studies (Ac) complete the following in this order:
- Connect Induction
- Connect Session 1
- Connect Session 2
- Connect Session 3
- Connect Session 4
- Submit Connect ePortfolio to LEA (these are the requirements for At)
- Equip 1
- Equip progress conference
- Equip 2
- Submit Equip ePortfolio to LEA (these are the requirements for Ac)
NB. Connect Induction, Sessions 1-3 facilitation and recording on LEXiCON is the responsibility of learning communities. Connect 4, all Equip facilitation and LEXiCON recording are the responsibility of LESNW/LEA.
Another significant change is that teachers are to maintain the currency of their accreditation, which was communicated at the LEA Ministry conference in May 2019 and followed up with communication to Principals. (For further information, please see the visual graphic).
Some ideas on ways that teachers can maintain their accreditation currency include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Engagement in CS Grow workshops
- CS Leaders (or other leaders) participate in CS Grow and then facilitate with staff in their context
- Staff meeting focus on a CSCF key idea including planning time for Christian Studies
- A study that unpacks the theological notes of a key idea of the CSCF and includes CS planning time
- Professional development on a pedagogical focus that also has a clear connection to CS (eg. inquiry, collaboration, concept based planning)
- Engagement in blogs or professional readings that directly link to the teaching and learning of CS.
Further information on maintaining accreditation currency is being developed by LEA and will be available via the LEA website in due course.