Saturday 15 February 10am -2.30pm. 137 Archer Street North Adelaide.
This interactive workshop will provide the opportunity for Chairs of Council/Board, council/board members and principals to have input into shaping the LESNW Strategic Intentions 2020-2022 and explore the pivotal role that the chair of council/board plays in setting the climate and direction of the governance of a learning community.
Topics that will be covered:
- LESNW Strategic Intentions 2020-2022 – Input into the framing of the direction of these intentions.
- How ‘Growing deep’ (Leadership and formation framework) informs the work of the council/board?
- Strategic Processes of a council/board
o Business Strategy
o Utilisation of system initiatives – Educational Geographics; Somerset Finance reporting; Complispace
- Chair of Council/Board – Principal relationship
- Constitutions – update on implementation of templates; focus on mission and ministry; general tips;
- Responding to changing parental expectations
- Principals Terms and Conditions Agreement 2020
- Q & A on governance practices and processes
Chairs of councils/boards and principals are encouraged to make attendance a priority. To register visit www.lesnw.edu.au/event/council-board-interactive-workshop