Last week saw the welcome return of our learning labs for leaders. Monday the Innovation Lab 2.0 for principals and members of the regional team was facilitated both face to face and online providing opportunities for those leaders unable to travel to engage with the practices, thinking, collaboration and generation of ideas in relation to an action research project. Practices such as Case Clinics provided valuable peer support and coaching to sharpen the focus of project and strategies.
How might we:
• Build an inclusive community where all cultures belong?
• Create a culture of sharing for improvement?
• Reimagine the way in which technology is provided for and utilised within the school to improve teaching and learning?
• Co-design systems for nurturing innovation in and across learning communities?
• Create and nurture a culture which fosters team collaboration.
• Create ownership of, engagement with and commitment to our region’s strategic intentions to enable our shared vision to become reality.
Lab 1.0 for middle level leaders on Tuesday and again on Friday for principals and directors using online and face to face facilitation, focused on models of leadership, the role of mental models and introduction to the ladder of inference. Leaders also had time to develop a prioritization matrix, choosing a project to reimagine in light of systems thinking, and allowing for reflective practice.