At the LESNW Council’s 2017 November meeting, the following schedule was agreed to.
Some relevant points:
- The costs per head for a corporate conference program would be in the vicinity of a minimum of $85 -$100 per participant including venue hire.
- There are no learning community venues that can cater for all academic and administration staff. So an external venue would be required.
- The coordination of regional conferences in recent time has fallen to conference planning committees, who have largely relied on the secretariat office support, which has significantly impacted the operation of the office over the months prior to the conferences.
The LESNW secretariat and council are keen to be guided by members in this matter and raise it in response to feedback anecdotally received. The LESNW secretariat is therefore conducting a survey to gather feedback on the conference schedule that was agreed to in November 2017.
A survey will be sent to Principals and Directors on Friday this week. Your prompt response by Wednesday 31 October to the following four (4) questions would be appreciated:
- LESNW should continue to convene combined/primary/secondary conferences
- LESNW should continue to convene separate primary and secondary conferences
- LESNW should continue to promote localised conference programs – clusters/hubs
- LESNW should determine the annual ‘student free show day’ that would apply to all learning communities
It is recognised that learning communities are seeking clarification on this matter to finalise planning for 2019. The outcome of this survey will be communicated in the first week of November.
John Proeve Daryl Trigg
LESNW Executive Director Chair LESNW Council