It has been inspiring to observe how the LESNW community had been connecting and “sharing for improvement: harnessing collective wisdom” an important capability from Growing deep.
What does this look like?
- Ongoing forums for primary, secondary and ELC/Kindergarten senior leaders, principals and directors connecting, collaborating and sharing ideas and practices as a means of encouraging excellence in learning. Opportunities have been provided fortnightly (see below). Look out for communication regarding ongoing opportunities to connect around areas of interest and need.
- SALLS and Primary Leaders meeting remotely to share stories of “engaging the community” planned for June 4. Register via LESNW Events.
- Establishment of MS Teams for SALLS, Primary Leaders and ELC/Kindy directors to share resources, strategies and promote collaboration as well as LESNW Padlets eg COVID-19 Resources, Christian Studies, Awareness Based System Leadership
- Learning Labs 1.0 for principals, and senior leaders and Lab 2.0 recommencing in the week of June 15.
- Accessing and participating in the many online opportunities to connect with learning communities outside of LESNW, such as AISSA’s Leading Innovation Webinar Series, seminars promoted through Agile Learning – Watering Hole, as well as a raft of local and global webinars. From a personal perspective I am benefitting from being connected to the Compassionate Systems Virtual Global Community (even if it does start at 10.30pm!) where global educators share ways of using systems thinking, developing generative social fields, taking a compassionate stance and addressing the Well-being framework in these times of challenge.
We look forward to continue to provide platforms for sharing for improvement with a particular focus on harnessing collective wisdom, and welcome input from leaders and learning communities in ways to develop this further.
Forum dates and registration links
Friday 22 May 9:30 – 10:15 am Secondary teaching and learning leaders Register
Monday 25 May 2:00 – 2:45pm Primary teaching and learning leaders Register
Monday 25 May 3:40 – 4:20pm Kindy, ELC and Early Years Leaders Register
To register do so via LESNW Events. You will then be sent a Lifesize link for the session. Please check that you can access Lifesize at least a day prior to the forum.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.