Teacher Certification: Preparing for Stage 1
Evidence and Annotation Workshop 2018
Saturday 24 March, 8.45am – 1pm
277 Unley Rd, Malvern
National Certification is a voluntary and portable process that ensures teachers have access to a rigorous and transparent process that recognises Highly Accomplished and Lead teachers. It enables you to receive feedback on your practice and have your practice evaluated by nationally trained assessors who are external to your school. It exposes you to communities of practice and supports you to further develop and grow as a professional whilst improving outcomes for your students.
Certification recognises and promotes the development of collaborative learning professionals who strive to continually reflect upon and improve their practice. Certification supports teachers to explore their practice at the Highly Accomplished or Lead career stage of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. For further information see the AITSL and the AISSA Certification websites.
The Evidence and Annotation workshop is for teachers who currently teach in an Independent School in SA and have started to prepare their Stage 1 Evidence Collection with the intention of applying for Teacher Certification at the Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher career stage in 2018 or early 2019.
Trained Assessors and certified HA and Lead Teachers will present at the workshop. Key elements of Stage 1 will be unpacked including: evidence and annotations, classroom observation reports, teacher reflection and referee statements and the lead initiative. Ideas for how to prepare and present a Stage 1 Collection of Evidence will also be shared. Participants are encouraged to bring along evidence (single artefacts or sets) of their own teaching practice that align to the HA or Lead Descriptors.
As this is not an introductory information session familiarity with the following documents will be assumed:
- Guide to Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers in South Australia 2017
- AITSL Certification Documentary Evidence Supplement: Highly Accomplished or Lead
- AITSL Classroom Practice Continuum and Looking at Classroom Practice Resource Guide
- AISSA Teacher Certification Expression of Interest Form
* Please bring these to the Workshop in either hard or soft copy.
Participants are expected to:
- be eligible for Teacher Certification in Australia (Guide pp 10/11)
- have the support of their Principal
- have a thorough knowledge of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers,
- be familiar with Stage 1 and Stage 2 processes and requirements as outlined in the Guide to the Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers in SA, 2017
- undertake a reflection and self-assessment using the AITSL Teacher Self-Assessment Tool
For further details, contact: Mary Pickett
Senior Educational Consultant AISSA
T: 08 8179 1423
Please note registrations will be accepted up until Monday March 19th (unless workshop is filled prior). Another opportunity to participate will be offered in term 2.
To register click here