What is Equip?
Equip is a 10 module in-service Accreditation course for teachers of Christian Studies. The purpose of Equip is to:
- prepare teachers to teach Christian Studies
- help teachers grow in their own spiritual and theological understandings
- clarify one's understanding of the purposes of Christian Studies in a Lutheran learning community
- develop knowledge and practice in relation to the pedagogy of Christian Studies
- share, discuss and plan units of work.
Satisfactorily completing Equip and the Pathways: Spiritual program enables teachers to qualify to receive Accreditation as a Teacher of Christian Studies (Ac), as mandated by Lutheran Education Australia.
Click here to Register for an Equip module, and to receive a full list of Equip Modules dates for 2017.
Included below are:
- further details about Equip with information about module content
- an outline of the Equip portfolio requirements, which is collated during the course of Equip and presented at Module 6 or 10. Some guidelines for collating the Philosophy Statement are also included.
Equip requires that all pre-session work be completed before certificates of completion are issued. The material provided here will assist you in completing your pre-session tasks for the respective modules.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Equip participants who have undertaken previous theological study and/or training in other tertiary institutions or religious systems may apply for recognition of prior learning.
Please download the application form below, complete and then lodge it with the corresponding academic transcripts to the LEA office at firstname.lastname@example.org. If successful, participants may be granted exemption from undertaking particular modules.