Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students have a right to an education free from prejudice and racism, an education that provides students with the skills for full participation in Australian society. Lutheran learning communities in SA, NT & WA provides an education that reinforces the unique identity and heritage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
We are committed to achieving Reconciliation and recognise that appropriate education is fundamental to this process. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures are taught in all learning communities.
We acknowledge the need to improve the participation of Australian people through inclusive practices, embracing diversity as an essential part of God’s creation.
We promote the active role of learning communities in nurturing and supporting the development of each person’s potential. Lutheran learning communities value and encourage genuine, equal partnerships with parents, caregivers, and families of Indigenous Australian students.
LESNW has five priority areas:
- Lutheran learning communities promotes equitable outcomes for Indigenous students
- Indigenous Australian students become successful learners
- Indigenous Australian students become confident and creative individuals
- The equitable rights of Indigenous Australians are acknowledged by Lutheran learning communities
- All students are active and informed citizens.
If you have a relationship with a Lutheran learning community and require access to these documents please contact Heather Waring at LESNW to make a request.