There are currently 46 learning communities educating over 15,000 students and employing over 2000 staff that are represented by Lutheran Education South Australia, Northern Territory and Western Australia (LESNW).
38 learning communities are located in South Australia, with 3 in the Northern Territory (Alice Springs and Darwin), and 2 in Western Australia. There are 5 kindergartens and 2 Child Care Centres also located in SA, and 1 Child Care Centre located in Darwin, NT.
South Australia 33 schools 5 kindergartens 2 child care centres
Northern Territory 3 schools 1 child care centre
Western Australia 2 schools
Lutheran education has a truly unique history and tradition that encompasses 178 years. Throughout those years the commitment to learning and core beliefs have not changed - despite the radical changes in pedagogical approaches and school design. We believe that …
All Learners ...
• are valued for who they are and whose they are
• need encouragement and deserve respect
• learn in different ways and at different rates
• need to learn to learn
• have the ability to learn
• learn best when they experience success, take responsibility for their learning, can work independently and collaboratively, are exposed to meaningful subject matter, are authentically challenged in their learning and assessment and have high learning expectations presented to them in achievable ways.
• goes beyond the Academic: it includes the Spiritual, Physical, Emotional and Social
• is Transformational
• is Lifelong
• involves learners progressing through Developmental Cycles
• occurs best when Individual Needs are met
• occurs best in a Context
• is driven by Curiosity and Inquiry
• builds on Previous Knowledge, Experiences and Understanding
Our School Communities
• believe all people are Learners
• Are Safe and Supportive learning environments that facilitate active learning
• Value Diversity and encourage Reflective Practice and Productive Feedback
• Are strengthened by having a Shared Vision and Common Core Beliefs
• Reflect upon and Respond to the world of today
• Intentionally develop Learning Cultures