Adelaide City on Tuesday 31 October 2017
This is going to be a significant whole day event in the city of Adelaide, with 120 Catholic Bishops invited. Please find a program attached. The event is open to everyone. Principals should be receiving a personal invitation from the LCA soon.
The organisers have asked support from both Lutheran and Catholic schools. In particular we have been asked to supply:
- Around 20 students of varying year levels to be present for the 7:00 am worship at Bethlehem Lutheran Church (Flinders St)
- Seven Lutheran students of various year levels to read a commitment each from the ‘Welcoming the Stranger’ statement during the 11:30 am ALWS presentation
- Around 20 students to be present at the 12:30 pm lunch in Victoria Square
- A class or around 20 students to help with serving of food and some cleaning up at the 12:30 pm lunch in Victoria Square
- 20 students to be present at the 6:30 pm Evening Prayer Service at St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral. ‘To be present’ means exactly that – being present and being part of the event.
All learning communities are offered the opportunity to represent Lutheran Education at various points on the day. If you wish to take up this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 October with the following information:
- Which section of the program you would like to support
- How many students
- Which year levels.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Stuart Traeger.
Thanks in advance for your support.