- See the larger system
- Fostering reflection and more generative conversations
- Shifting the collective focus from reactive problem solving to co-creating the future
We spent time connecting these to Growing deep capabilities through the use of a self-assessment tool. We also identified important steps for moving along the path:
- Learning on the job
- Balancing advocacy and inquiry
- Engaging people across boundaries
- Letting go
- Building one’s own toolkit
- Working with other systems leaders
Awareness based practices including circle work, journaling and dialogue walks helped to develop team learning and digging deeper into thinking about leadership throughout the day.
The afternoon session allowed for group and personal time to develop professional goals and school prototypes and projects using systems thinking.
Educational Leadership Director